Instant Pot Lasagna
Updated: Jun 22, 2018
Making a simple lasagna in the Instant Pot is easy and quick. Lasagna is a much loved traditional recipe that is healthy, filling, and loaded with your choice of vegetables. To shorten prep-time, I used marinara from a jar and uncooked lasagna noodles. It’s amazing how quickly this recipe comes together! I used Ekovana stainless steel stackable pots that fit beautifully inside an Instant Pot.
Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
6 ¼ cups Marinara Sauce
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked (brown rice or whole wheat)
4-5 cups fresh cut veggies, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and/or spinach
3-4 garlic cloves
One 14-15 ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained
¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Add the Italian Seasoning to the marinara sauce and place into a medium sized bowl.
2. Sauté your choice of vegetables in a large fry pan over medium-high heat using small amounts of water or vegetable broth to prevent sticking. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
3. Place all the tofu ricotta ingredients into a food processor and blend continuously until smooth and creamy.
4. Line two stackable stainless steel insert pots with parchment paper. You can also use small spring form pans that fit into the Instant Pot. Begin layering the lasagna in this order: ¾ cup marinara, 2 lasagna noodles (you will need to break them to fit the insert pans), the ricotta mixture (divided into four portions), and ¼ of the veggies. Repeat these layers ending with the pasta, and topping with marinara. Portion the layers carefully so you have enough for both pans. Cover the pans with the fitted top or use aluminum foil.
5. Add 1 ½ cups of water to the instant pot and place the trivet inside. Place the lasagna pans onto the trivet and close the Instant Pot lid. Press manual and adjust the timer to 30 minutes at high pressure. Turn the vent to sealing
6. When the pressure time is completed, allow the instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 15 minutes.
7. Remove the stackable insert pans from the Instant Pot and allow to cool. Place an oven safe plate over each round and carefully flip the lasagna. Remove the parchment paper. If desired, place the lasagna in the oven and broil allowing the top to brown.
Kim’s Hints: For easy removal, create a foil handle to remove the pan from the instant pot. Fold a long piece of tinfoil in half the long way to create a sling and place the pans over the sling which helps to remove the pans from the instant pot after cooking. This will allow you to remove the pans without burning your hands or spilling.