Breakfast Potato Casserole
Updated: Jun 22, 2018
An easy breakfast casserole to impress the guests! This simple recipe uses oil free frozen hash browns that I always have on hand. Trader Joe’s carries oil free hash browns that are perfect for this recipe. The vegetable filling is easy to substitute any of your favorite veggies such as broccoli, zucchini, peppers, and asparagus. Potatoes go nicely with almost any vegetable!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
20-26 ounce bag frozen shredded potatoes (oil-free)
10-ounce bag frozen spinach
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 cups plant based milk
½ cup raw cashews
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon miso paste
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon smoked paprika (for garnishing)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the frozen shredded potatoes into a large bowl.
3. Place the mushrooms and spinach into a large fry pan and cook over medium-high heat cooking until mushrooms become tender. Add water or vegetable broth as needed to prevent sticking. Set aside.
4. Combine the cheese ingredients in a high-powered blender and process until smooth.
5. Pour the ½ of the cheese sauce into the bowl of frozen hash browns and mix until thoroughly combined.
6. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Place ½ of the potato mixture into the pan. Cover the potato mixture with the spinach and mushrooms. Top with the remaining potatoes and pour the remaining cheese sauce over the top. Garnish with smoked paprika. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top becomes golden.