Updated: Jun 22, 2018
This is a very simple quick bread recipe that tastes nutty, hearty, and rustic. I love to serve this bread on a cold winter night with a hearty soup.
Yields: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
3 cups spelt flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
12 ounces beer, any variety is fine.
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour the beer and maple syrup into the dry mixture and stir until combined. The dough will be thick and sticky.
4. Place the dough into the bread pan. You will need to spread it out a bit with your hands.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Cool and slice.
Kim’s Hints: If you prefer to use a non-alcoholic beer that works well too.