Apple Pumpkin Bread
Updated: Oct 11, 2020
The delicious combination of apples and pumpkin makes this bread perfect for autumn. There are so many apples loaded into this quick bread creating an extra moist texture. It’s perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 60 minutes
Yields: 1 loaf
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground allspice, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves)
2 cups finely chopped apples, cored and peeled (about 2 medium)
½ cup walnuts
½ cup raisins
1 ¼ cup nondairy milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, spices, apples, walnuts, and raisins. Mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. The batter should appear wet and lumpy at this point.
5. Pour the batter into the parchment lined loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the loaf from the pan and allow it to cool before slicing.
Kim’s Hint: I recommend you using a good baking apple such as McIntosh, Cortland, Rome, or Granny Smith. These also make great muffins while reducing the overall cook time to 20-25 minutes.